CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday 19 June 2009

Encaustic Card

I finally feel up to some crafting and urgently needed to get a Father's Day card done for my step-dad so I could get it in the post. I have been so itching to start crafting again my mojo seems to be fully charged after the holiday even if I'm not...lol. For this card I decided it was time to get out my iron and waxes and do something a bit different.


My step-dad is scottish so I thought the tartan backgrounds (from Kanban) were a nice touch and worked well with the encaustic image I'd created. I've cut the image out with Labels 2 nesties and also cut a frame with them using black cardstock. The sentiment was done on the PC.

13 comments:

Moni said...

Waw so fab gorgeous card for your step-dad! Love it, hope you will be feeling ok soon! Hugs,Moni

Joey said...

Hiya Hunny,

I always admire enucaustic wax work! fantastic little scene.

Joey.xxx

Unknown said...

Oh stop it Joanne, you're far too clever!!! That's fantastic and I love the tartan papers. glad you've got a bit of mojo back too, take it easy

Jan xxx

Wellnifty said...

Fantastic card Joanne, wow that encaustic art scenery is brilliant, wouldn't know where to start doing that.

Glad you feel better

Chris xxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh hun that is stunning...absolutely gorgeous love it!!!!
hes gonna be one happy step-dad

hugs shell xx

Anonymous said...

Loving it Joanne, have debated so many times over buying the encaustic art starter kit, think your card may have made up my mind..lol...
Lovely to see you fit and healthy again,
Email would be fabbie...
Take Care,
Hugs Angel

Jenny S. (UK) said...

What a fabulous card. I love how you've mastered this. I am not brave enough to take all mine out of their boxes :-(
Sorry to read that you have been unwell, I wish you a full recovery real soon . Jenny x

Carly said...

Wow that image is absolutely stunning!!! Just beautiful! Hugs, Carly

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

Hi joanne long time no see, love the card you have made for your stepdad,hope you are feeling a better it looks like you are back on track with the card, I see you where down in cornwall glad you had good weather and enjoyed your holiday take care ju x

Pop's Cards said...

Hi Jo, love this i always wanted a go at this, is it easy to do?

Hope that you are keeping ok now hun. i am sure your card will go down well. have a great weekend hugs Pops x x x

Jill said...

beautiful card Joanne so elegant hugs Jill xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card ! I love the scene you've created ! Fantastic and the nestie shape and the tartan paper look just perfect ! :-)

Lorraine x x

Emma said...

Amazing card....brilliant!!
Emma x

Total Pageviews

Snag a Button

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

NeoCounter

Blog Awards 2008 - 2011

Wikio - Top Blogs - Crafts