CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday 21 May 2010

Totally Papercrafts Challenge #17 and Charity Blog Candy News

Good Morning

Ooohhhh it's absolutely gorgeous outside and it's set to get warmer over the weekend, dare I mention the BBQ word...lol.  But it is definate Strawberry Daiquiri's weather which will give you a slight clue to this weeks challenge for you over at Totally Papercrafts.

Thank you to everyone who entered last weeks Wedding/Anniversary challenge, so many wonderful pieces of work, this week your host is the lovely Lols and her challenge for you is a photo inspiration one...

Now don't you think that screams summer and even Wimbledon, such a delish image.

We welcome back Ellie from Digital Stamp Oasis as our sponsor for the challenge, the lucky winner will get to choose 3 images of their choice from Elllie's Esty Store.  Ellie has also joined us as our guest designer for this week, so be sure to check out her's and all the other wonderful work from my DT buddies to see how this photo inspired them.  Here's mine...


I just had to use this fella for my card he is, 'Sammy Squirrel Eats Strawberries' and is one of Ellie's images which is available from the Digital Stamp Oasis Etsy Store.

RECIPE

Digi Image - Details above

Papers - My Minds Eye and Papermania

Colouring Mediums - Watercolour Pencils with Sansodor, Copics and Promarkers.

Sentiment - Done on PC

Embellishments - Flowers, Charm & Chain and Card Candy all from stash

********************

I used watercolour pencils blended with sansodor to colour Sammy's body and Copics & Promarkers for all other areas.

*******************

CHARITY BLOG CANDY NEWS!!!

Crafty Emma is still doing an amazing job at raising money for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance, and she now has running an awesome blog candy full of yummy prizes, but this time round to enter you need to donate at least £1 to the YAA using Emma's 'Just Giving' page.  I have mentioned this before but sorry I'm gonna mention it again the YAA need to raise £7,200 A DAY to keep both helicopters and the air ambulance staff running, they don't get any government funding.  These guys do an amazing job and save so many life's.  Why not nip over to Annie's blog Annie's Antics and read the story of her husband who was in an horrific accident about 9 months ago, and if it wasn't for the YAA he may not of been here now.
So if you would like to help Emma with her fundraising in memory of her dad 'Ronnie' then please go visit her BLOG for full details. EVERY £1 MAKES A DIFFERENCE!!!

*****************

I hope you are all enjoying some glorious weather and have a fabulous day!!

Hugs

Joanne xxx



11 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous card hun love your sentiment...
Hope it stays nice this weekend we are ment to be going camping lol..hope it doesn't rain

hugs shell xx

Amanda said...

Joanne
Your card reminds me of the squirrel I caught pinching the strawberries from my garden last year! However, I like your card so much more than I liked that squirrel!

Just the perfect time for strawberries now the sun is out!

Amanda

Poppy said...

Great card,gorgeous colours. mmmm looks like summer...lol
poppy

Lorraine A said...

oohh this card is just gorgeous :-) I love the colours and the papers you used ,,, perfect :-)


luv
Lols x x x

The twins mum said...

What a fantastic card just love the image. Hope all is well in your part of the world
Maree
x

Ellibelle said...

This is beautiful Joanne. Love how you colored the image. Great sketch and embellishments too. Love the charm!

jackiescrafts said...

Gorgeous card Joanne, I'm sorry I thought I'd left a comment for you on Friday but it appears I didn't don't know what happened. I hope you are ok, hasn't it been a glorious weekend

Hugs Jackie x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Fantastic card Joanne. Love the image/colouring/bp and added little touches. Cathy xxxx

Doreen said...

Fabulous card Joanne,those strawberries look good enough to eat.xxx

Emma said...

Mornign hun
Such a gorgeous card and soooo yummy.
Thanks for posting about my candy too.
Hugs Emma x

Mel X said...

Hiya Jo, sorry its taken me a while to pop by!! I love how you coloured this squirrel, he looks fab. Super colours and lovely papers.

Hope the interview went well hun.

Mel X

Total Pageviews

Snag a Button

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

NeoCounter

Blog Awards 2008 - 2011

Wikio - Top Blogs - Crafts