CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday 24 October 2008

Another Dufex Decoupage

It's been ages since I've done any Dufex decoupage and I've now done 2 in a week...lol. It's probably the same for nearly every crafter, you start to get so many different things, you forget what you have, then all of a sudden you come across something, and think, "oh, I forgot I had that", well thats whats happened with the dufex stuff, I've plenty of xmas dufex to use too, so watch this space as I'm sure there will be plenty more dufex to come over the next few weeks. This is another card for a crafting forum buddy, who had her birthday yesterday. This time it is flowers. The decoupage has been mounted on to lilac and dark pink mirror card, using my wavy square nestabilities. Finished off with a thin pink ribbon and bow and silver sentiment peel-off.
I use silicon when building up my decoupage, I personally think it gives you more choice on the depth of build on each layer and definition such as slightly curling the edges, as can be seen on the ribbon detail of the decoupage image. This was on the first layer, I first slightly and gently curved the edges using scissors, I then added a thin blob of silicon to the middle then added thicker blobs working out from the centre but not going right to the edge, then when placing down on to the image I just gently pushed down on the centre of the layer. Slightly curling the edges works brilliantly on details such as ribbon, flowers and leaves to give a whole new dimension to the decoupage.



1 comments:

Monica Gale said...

Beautiful delicate card, I am sure your friend loved it. M xxx

Total Pageviews

Snag a Button

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

NeoCounter

Blog Awards 2008 - 2011

Wikio - Top Blogs - Crafts