CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 8 September 2008

Decoupage Day

Well today I've finally made a start on some of them birthday cards I should have started last week. Today was a decoupage day, one card is for friend's little girls 1st birthday and the other is for my mother-in-law's friend who is in her 80's.



This is a decoupaged bear and matching frame, I then used my nestabilities for the first time for the 1 plaque using purple glitter card and lilac mirror card, the 1 is cut from the Hippy Chic alphabet set in the purple glitter card, the plaque and number all cut in the cuttlebug. The sentiment is a peel-off coloured purple with a peel-off pen. I than added a touch of crystal stickles to the love hearts and the peel-off sentiment.



This is a Penny Wessenauer sheet, which had everything on one sheet. The main flower image is a pyramid and then finally the flowers are decoupaged. I used a single layer matt of gold card on the main image and the sentiments and thin gold peel-off borders down each side of the side bar. To bring the image out a little I used a gold Sakura metallic pen on the outlines of the flowers and on part of the outlines of the main frame, this does not really show too well in the picture. I'm hoping this is suitable for a lady in her 80's.

Well two down and a load more still to do, best get on. xxx

0 comments:

Total Pageviews

Snag a Button

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

NeoCounter

Blog Awards 2008 - 2011

Wikio - Top Blogs - Crafts