CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday 17 January 2009

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #15

The challenge this week over on SCSC is the theme of 'Hearts' set my DT member Mandy.

I've been putting off and putting off the Valentine's cards, as I really struggle with them except with mine for Steve, I just feel they are something very personal and before I made my own cards I always struggled to find the right card for Steve. It maybe just me, a real romantic when it comes to Valentine's Day, but I know there are many that don't take it quite so seriously or even bother with it at all. Guess I'm just a soppy so and so...lol.

Anyway getting on, this is a Valiversary card as it's a valentines and anniversary card in one. I make two of these every year for my godson's parents.



The image is part of the Valentine Cuties by the talented Sally-Ann over on Grab-a-doodle-do, coloured the kitty with my copics and added a touch of sakura stardust pink to the outlines of the hearts and on the heart of the necklace. Embossed and cut out the two hearts using the Romance Keepsake Board, and mounted the cut-out kitty on to them. The flowers are from my crafting stash and I've sewn a heart button onto the centre of each. The sentiment was done on the PC. Added two pink gem hearts to two corners. All the papers used are some of the free papers in the latest issue of Simply Cards & Papercrafts.

Hope to try and get another card done later today. Hope everyone has a lovely day and a good weekend.

20 comments:

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

WOW Joanne, your quick off the mark, have only just been seeing what the challenge is and your already done one lol, lovely card and how romantic to be married on valentines day, I'm off to have a think have a good day ju x

CraftyC said...

Aww, what a sweet card Joanne, thanks for taking part in this weeks SCSC!
Clairex

Sue said...

Hi Joanne, this is gorgeous and such a good idea combining the anniversary with valentines and a super duper card too,i love this kitty image,so cute and coloured beautifully,I also have one coloured on my desk wiating :)

Thanks for joining us at scsc:)

sue
xx

Lisa said...

Hi Joanne, Lovely card! You were super quick with the challenge this week. x

Mandy said...

Joanne, this is such a lovely card, image is just fab and I like the way you have added the stardust. Thanks for joining in with the challenge.

Mandy

Moni said...

As always gorgeous card! Hugs, Moni

Jill said...

aww Joanne this is gorgeous I love the image and layout thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill x

Poppy said...

lovely card, going for a look at those cute images.
poppy

Hazel (Didos) said...

Love the card, you were really quick this week. I haven't started mine yet. The cat image is fab. Hazel xo

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Beautiful card Joanne. Love the kitty and your sentiment is perfect for it. A great layout too.
Sharon xx

Cathy said...

Lovely card - love the little cat in the heart.
Cathy xx

Lynsey said...

Hi Joanne
This is lovely and a perfect sentiment for Valentines.
Hugs Lynsey:)

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

super cute card joanne

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC

hugs jane x

Mel said...

Awww love the little kitty, supper card Joanne:)
Mel x

Sue said...

aww gorgeous card Joanne, luv the kitty, lovely layout, n great colours, sue.x

Pop's Cards said...

I love this image, it looks so perfect on this card, i cant believe you did the hearts ont he board, they look perfect, hugs pops x x x

The twins mum said...

Hey,Joanne what a beautiful card the cat is cute.
Maree

Louise Emma said...

Lovely as always Joanne xx

Emma said...

Wow I love this....stunning and sooo sweet.
Emma x

Donna said...

Beautiful card Joanne and great use of the Hearts for this weeks challenge. Thanks for playing along with us this week at SCSC :) Donna x

Total Pageviews

Snag a Button

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

NeoCounter

Blog Awards 2008 - 2011

Wikio - Top Blogs - Crafts